Well I decided on a name for this project, “Steel Legend”. About two weeks in and I finally completed a very rough level editor for the game. It’s not really a level editor as the game is one giant level, more like a room tile editor. I’m able to add doors and tiles from different tilesets and a bunch of other stuff like backgrounds and wall sprites. So far all the tiles I made myself other than a few extra graphics here and there I took from somewhere on the net. I intend to use internet supplied graphics for the main character and enemies and so I’ve picked up a few spritesheets as well.
For my college java course I must create a game as a final project. This will be the first game project that I plan to complete to some extent. My plans for this game are for it to be a simple side scrolling adventure game. The final result may have a developed story, but I’m guessing I’ll lean more towards actual programming and design challenges instead of any actual storyline development. As my first game that I will code from scratch and in a language I have zero experience with, I do not know how this project will work out throughout the next few months. I will post updates once I get some actual work done on it.